Your visit to the Archaeological sanctuary of Pachacámac, less than two hours from Lima, will make another sense if you decide to be part of a must-see bike tour. You just need to go to the km 31 of the Old Panamericana Sur, in the district of Lurin.
Payment for the entrance to Pachacámac-from S/5 – gives you the right to use one of the 10 mountain bikes offered on site. Then, with the help of two young people, you can start a journey of almost 4 km, while you appreciate pyramids and monuments.
If you have already been encouraged to live this alternative activity in Pachacámac, take note of these tips that we leave you below. Remember that the tour only takes place on Saturdays and Sundays. In addition, you can carry your own bike, subject to registration.
- It’s almost 4 km that you can walk inside the pachacámac shrine. Remember to go early because only 10 mountain bikes are available to the general public.
- BiciTour only takes place on Saturdays from 10 a.m. m. at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. at 3 p.m., while on Sundays the activity takes place from 10 a. m. at 1 p.m. The groups have a maximum of 10 people, who will be accompanied by two young people from nearby communities who have been trained in the driving, maintenance and mechanics of the bicycle.
- The entrance fee is included in the circuit on two wheels by the Archaeological sanctuary of Pachacámac. As mountain bikes, this activity is not recommended for minors. Rate: adults S / 15, students of Higher Education S / 5.
- The bicycle tour does not have a tour guide. The young people who accompany visitors have only the task of ensuring security and that the route is respected. The financial contribution is voluntary.
- The circuit starts at the Site Museum and you can appreciate the Temple Of The Sun, the Aclahuasi, and other pyramids. It has a maximum duration of two hours.
- You can also ride your own bike and be part of the tour. You will only need to make a reservation by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org? Reports: 321-5606.
Location: Antigua Carretera Panamericana Sur Km. 31.5 / Lurin – Lima.
Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 9 a.m. m. at 5 p.m. – Sundays from 9 a.m. m. at 4 p.m. BiciTour does not work on the first Sunday of each month (free admission for Peruvians) for reasons of seating and security.
Rate: adults S / 15, students in higher education (s / 5), older adults (S/ 7.50) and children up to the age of 12 (S/1).